[DeTomaso] Questions on 4v heads

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 26 18:53:48 EDT 2010

Yes, I agree.  50hp you can feel.

I guess, my point is that for the vast majority of us, we're better off doing a good performance build on the 4V 351C - installing a proper cam, new rings, bore/hone, new timing chain, CC heads, MSD, and paying extra attention to the valve train.  Assuming it's all done correctly and everything is matched, a 351C will make more HP than most of us can use on the street.

And, if that isn't enough, the next best step is a stroker with alum heads.

I just don't buy into the idea of running a 351C, which is know for it's humongo ports, and then filling them with something to make them smaller.  If I didn't like the size of the ports, I wouldn't run a 351C.  That's my opinion, anyway.