[DeTomaso] Quella clutch round-cap MC

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 15:54:22 EDT 2010

 All,

I recently spoke with CNC Brakes - San Diego - http://www.cncbrakes.com/
regarding their round-cap MC that Quella used/uses for his McCleod internal throw-out bearing
upgrade that is installed on 2511.

Currently Quella uses a custom CNC unit that is made just for him with the Pantera's two inch
center-to-center bolt pattern. It is a SS sleeved item. NOT sold by CNC themselves.
You want it, you go to Dennis.

BUT, for his early (circa 1995) use of this style CNC clutch MC, he adapted the Pantera to use the standard CNC spacing.
2511 has this conversion; it has an aluminum spacer mounted on the front trunk side of the pedal support bracket.
I've had this aluminum piece out, and it is just a spacer, not an adapter.  Dennis modified the pedal bracket
to the new spacing. This MC has a 2.25 center-to-center spacing and was not a SS sleeved item.

SO, if you have an early Quella CNC clutch MC conversion you can use the standard CNC item
as a replacement. But check to be sure your center-to-center is the standard CNC 2.25" spacing.

Why replace it? In my case, despite a new rebuiild kit just last Spring, I am experiencing intermittent
internal fluid bypassing. Probably a bad non-sleeved bore.

Additionally, I recently spoke with Dennis and he mentioned while he formerly used a 5/8" bore CNC MC,
he now is using the 3/4" bore. A little more pedal effort, but increased fluid volume.

I now have a new, standard 2.25 center-to-center, 3/4" SS sleeved MC sitting on my garage things-to-do shelf.  :-)

It does not show on their website, but its part number is - CNC701-3/4+SS.  $83.00 retail price.

Hope some of you find this information useful.

Larry