[DeTomaso] Eastwood Battery Tender - 25% off through midnight tonight!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:18:08 EDT 2010

Ken,

Firstly the Optima is not strictly a dry cell battery, it is still a wet lead-acid, just uses abosrbed glass mat (AGM) to wick and suspend the electrolyte.

Odyssey also refer to their batteries as 'dry cell' but again strictly they are wet lead acid AGM.

A lead acid dry cell is the 'GEL' type using sodium silicate to gel and suspend the electrolyte as a paste. These style batteries can require a regulator in the alternatoir circuit for charging.

The Dyna-Batt is a true dry cell battery, weighs in at around 13lbs and can be charged with any of the smart chargers we have been discussing.

Whichever you use the specs for the CTEK list it suitable for all "12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, Calcium/Calcium and GEL)"

Julian