[DeTomaso] rear decklid

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:04:34 EDT 2010

i am painting my rear decklid, and I noticed that the frame underneath the decklid is not attached -- the decklid has a lower frame which strengthens the large piece of metal.  As you know, it is more or less a large 'X' shape.  on the front decklid, the frame is rigidly attached to the surface/upper metal.  On the rear decklid, the 'X' is attached at the ends, but the middle of the X floats, so that there is no bracing for the middle of the lid.  I cant tell if it was attached at some point in time, or if it was always floating in the middle.  Any thoughts?  justin