[DeTomaso] Just in time for Christmas--bag tags!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 23 15:15:34 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

Those of you who have been around for awhile may remember that quite a few
years ago (2004-2005), I orchestrated a group buy of custom luggage tags,
featuring the De Tomaso logo.   Bag tags are a beautiful thing, when you're
standing in the airport waiting for your black bag to come down the carousel,
only to see a sea of similar black bags.   Too, having the De Tomaso logo on
your bag immediately identifies you as a person of exquisite taste to the
automotive cognescenti, and can serve as a great conversation starter.

I put forth the idea, quite a few people jumped on it, and then after the
order was complete, more people wanted some, so I placed a second order, and
then a third.   I think I wound up ordering something like 500 tags when all
was said and done.

These tags are custom-made, one at a time, by hand, by Royal Bag just
outside of Osan Air Base, South Korea.   Unfortunately my local contact left
Korea in 2005 and I haven't been able to get any more tags made since then.

Good news!   An old friend of mine who now flies the U-2 spy plane, is
going to be going to Osan for two months starting next week, and he's agreed to
serve as my bag tag agent out there.   So it's time to place your orders
once again!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, go here:

Most people get bag tags with their names on them; they can either be had
with cursive writing, or BLOCK CAPITAL lettering.   Although the primary
focus is De Tomaso, I also have numerous other logos available:   Ferrari,
Lamborghini, Porsche, Shelby, Corvette, MG, Thunderbird and Panoz.   If you
desired some other marque, that could be arranged as well (it would be helpful if
you provided a high-res JPG image of the desired logo).

The cost of these tags seems to be about five bucks apiece.   I will
happily front the production costs, and when the tags arrive, I'll simply ask that
you pay me via PayPal and give your mailing address, and then I'll mail
yours off to you.   My ambition is to get them into everyone's hands in time
for Christmas.

What I need to know is:

Name (as it appears on the tag)
Tag color
Lettering color
Lettering style (either cursive or BLOCK CAPITALS)
Quantity

You can get virtually any colors you like, both for the tags and for the
script.   As technique, I like the idea of getting the tag color to match the
car, and the lettering to match the trim, i.e. red car with chrome trim gets
a red tag with silver lettering.   But really, the sky is the limit.

If you have an off-the-wall color, include a sample so they can match it.

Please e-mail me privately, and in the subject line, include your name,
i.e. "Joe Bagadonutz Bag Tag Order" so I can keep track of it easily.

I will create an Excel spreadsheet, and place the order a month from now,
on the 20th of November.   So put your thinking caps on, get your Christmas
list out, and let me know what your desires are!

Cheers!