[DeTomaso] Ride height

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 21:53:14 EDT 2010

The Pantera is a unibody car and as such does not have a frame per se, but I think John is correct in saying the cars were not perfectly symmetric when they were made .

I believe the body parts were made by stamping machines (unlike my Dino, whose panels were made by pounding metal on a wooden buck and are WAY asymmetric), but when the panels were assembled a "that's close enough" Italian mentality was used.  Hence the asymmetry in fender height.

Personally since I can't look at both rear or both front fender / tire gaps simultaneously anyway, I don't care if the car is perfectly symmetric and would not want to sacrifice handling to make it so.