[DeTomaso] Fender rub

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 20:58:30 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/22/10 13 13 28, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> I ha GT5 clone.  I just replaced all 4 tires but the rear tires now run
> the
> fender flare on the drivers side.  The tires are the exact siz 345/35 but
> the clearance is no gone.  What options do I have?
>
>>>To clarify, Don has 15-inch wheels and the tires in question are
345/35-15, the shortest, widest tires around.

> >Can you move the A-arm assembly back any?  (Don't laugh)
> Modify the flare?
>
> Other????
>
> Having a bad day in Houston.
>
>>>I can't explain why your old 345s didn't hit, and your new ones do.
You did mention you have ride height issues, and that could also contribute to
the problem.   As I suggested before, the free first step is to swap the
shocks side-to-side and then see where you stand.   During the course of doing
so, investigate to see if there are spacers behind the wheels, and if
somebody accidently stacked two spacers on one side and none on the other.

Personally I'd ditch the spacers, for a variety of reasons.   Ensure the
lug nuts don't bottom out on the ends of the studs before they tighten against
the wheel however.