[DeTomaso] LOJACK FOR CLASSICS?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Oct 21 15:10:15 EDT 2010

I have one of these:

http://www.gstraq.com/products.php?traq_en_product_id=5&traq_en_product_cnt_id=24

Fairly cheap and you can either use it with their free tracking web
service, or set it up to use SMS (text).

Even if it runs in the web service mode can you query it for the current
position. This is great with my GPS enabled cell phone, where I can
copy/paste the coordinates into the google map application in the phone
and see where it is. I can of course always use the browser in the phone
as well.

It even has a built in microphone so that you can ask it to call you
back on a voice call and listen to what happens.

I have set it to send daily reports if stationary, and minute by minute
reports if it is in motion.

You need to supply a working SIM card, but the only cost besides buying
the device, is the phone plan. I have a plan that cost about
$2.50/month, which comes with 3000 free SMS/text messages/month, and the
GPRS data amounts of about 5¢ per month, for a few 100kbyte.

The battery will last up to about 2 weeks, but I have it wired in, so it
is always fully charged, which means that even if someone disconnects
the car battery will I have up to about two weeks to track it down.

Oh, and lojack is not available in Sweden, although I do see that it is
available here and there in Europe.

Thomas