[DeTomaso] Fwd: Pantera Pushbuttons

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 08:50:12 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/20/10 5 41 31, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> Word from Dennis Yogi...the forum software seems to have banished him to a
> black hole?
>
> Mike

....and, I was unable to forward his post, as I thought.

He wrote:

 Aloha Mike,

I saw the postings on the Detomaso Archives but cannot respond.  For some
reason, I cannot post to the list any longer.  I have requested my account be
checked and reactivated several times but it has never been done and I have
given up.

My findings in the difference between my pushbutton and my '73 L was that
the pushbutton felt better made.  I compare the difference to that of a
Cadillac and a smaller import car.  The car feels better made, more solid and the
doors feel heavier and close with the thud of a heavier car.  The ride also
feels a lot more solid than my '73 L used to feel like.  I guess its like
having a newer car lined with dynamat.  Upon close inspection, it seems that
more time was taken in the fit and finish of the pushbuttons, maybe once the
Ford assembly line system took over production was a bit more rushed.  I
guess the overall feel was like the '73L was like a smaller fighter jet and
the pushbutton was heavier and more comfortable riding like a 747.

Aloha,

Dennis