[DeTomaso] Subject: Re: temp gauge sending unit

Mike bluebugman2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 19 11:34:17 EDT 2010

Boyd yes the switches/sending units can go bad 9 test w/ an ohm meter) - but its unlikely it did go bad, there very cheap about $10.00 and you can get them from any Auto parts store, its a water temp sending unit w/out a idiot light- so make sure U get the correct one. If you have the time & patients put in a mechanical gauge- I did and no problems on correct readings, it was a little pain in the ass getting it in but very happy its done.  I used auto meter gauges except for the water which is Stewart-Warner mechanical- as auto meter didn't have what I wanted
Mike #7042
Mike Venarde

"Let us see what's lurking in your walls"

Home Infrared Inspections/ Thermal Imaging

www.commercial-homeinfraredinspections.com