[DeTomaso] Fw: Re: speedo drive

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 05:37:11 EDT 2010

Thanks Thomas,
Bud #3400 (The 7 Banger)

--- On Mon, 10/18/10, Thomas Tornblom <Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se> wrote:

From: Thomas Tornblom <Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Fw: Re: speedo drive
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Date: Monday, October 18, 2010, 9:29 AM

2010-10-18 11:23, B Hower skrev:
> Jack,
>
> Are you saying that there are two different speedometer thread types? And that you have  to have the correct speedometer to match the right angle drive? Please point me in the right direction.

The speedo thread is the same for all cars, but there are two different
types of angle drives, with different threads, so there are two types of
speedo cables.

Each of the two types of angle drives are available with two different
gear ratios, for kph and mph speedos, so there are a total of four
different angle drives.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18