[DeTomaso] non Pantera content

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:04:19 EDT 2010

I am not a proponent of Feng Shui or Astrology or any of the other pseudo
sciences  I know less about Feng Shui then I do about Astrology. I have not
researched this and have no idea if this hypothesis will pass muster but it
occurred to me that if Feng Shui is at all like astrology perhaps they are
referring to  an October with this alignment of five Fridays , Saturdays and
Sundays. There may be some other correlation that they are referring too (
this is pure supposition ) Remember they use (or previously used) an
entirely different calendar system then we do. As far as I am concerned it
is all mumbo Jumbo but without doing more research into this belief system (
and remember their are many people that believe in things like astrology as
adamantly as some people believe in Christianity or Islam. Remember Nancy
Regan  had a personal Astrologist (Jane Dixon) with whom she conferred
regularly  and information has come to light in recent times that some of
Ronald Regan's decisions and schedules were made based on input from Jane
Dixon passed via Nancy Regan  to President Regan. I am not implying that
this adds any veracity to these  beliefs  but I am suggesting that there are
thousands if not millions of people that have embraced these belief systems
for thousands of years. ( I have had a Chance to do some research and this
belief system predates Christianity by at least 4000 years and is based on a
combination of astrology and geography ( among other things)  So the
original statement that this was an event they had not been repeated in 823
years may have some basis in fact. ( in other words the events that made it
unique consisted of more then just the five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
I personally don't feel that the study of Feng Shui  and what ever makes
this weekend unique or a rare occasion  to either prove the veracity of the
original statement claiming this was a once every 823 year occurrence or to
disprove it don't merit the effort necessary to research it. If one is going
to risk  a dollar (or more ) on a chance to win $50,000,000 with such
astronomical odds (Mega Millions 1:176,000,000.00 or Powerball 1:
196,000,000.00 ) You may as well put your hopes in the same basket with Feng
Shei, Astronomy, VooDoo, Withcraft, or any other quasi belief, Pseudo
Science or religion that you believe is going to improve your odds of
winning. I personally don't believe any of them will improve your odds but I
don' t think they will hurt either.
FWIW
Boyd