[DeTomaso] !7" wheels on stock body Pantera

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 09:18:50 EDT 2010

 I purchased the Campy clones from Pantera East, made by Boyd Coddington.

On the boxes it said the 16x8 wheels had a 5.375 back space and the
17x11 wheels had a 6.5 back space.

I run, as most do with those wheels, 245/45x16 and 335/35x17 tires.

My car is a January '72 build narrow body with fender lips fully rolled.

The 245 barely clear things in the front - there is the slightest full-turn
scrubbing on the rearward inside wheelwell.

The 335 fit just fine and only occasionally rub the R/R fender lip,
but my car sits WAAY low.

I have always thought these two widths were about the maximum one could
manage to fit on a stock car.

You wrote you have 275/40x17 front tires. Do you mean they are installed on
your Pantera and they are actually fitting?

Larry