[DeTomaso] NPC - Reno Fernley Raceway in Car & Driver

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:10:43 EDT 2010

That is SoloII type AutoX, there is no reason that a Pantera couldnt be
competitive if placed in the right class and that is wholly dependent on
what modifications have been made to the car.  AutoX is hard on a car, do it
long enough and you will develop stress cracks and break suspension pieces
or wear them out prematurely.  Michael
On Oct 13, 2010 8:00 PM, "Mike Thomas" <mbefthomas at comcast.net> wrote:
> Doug Braun has been auto crossing his '73 for over 30 years, even gone to
> SCCA Nationals once or twice, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> Mike Thomas

On
> Behalf Of fastgrandma at aol.com
> Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:35 AM
> To: fresnofinches at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] NPC - Reno Fernley Raceway in Car & Driver
>
> My answer to your remark that our cars are not set up for Autocrossing is
> that you apparently don't know how to drive it that well. Jack and I
> autocrossed first another club member's Pantera and then ours for several
> years with winning results against much lighter weight cars. I also proved
> that one does not need power steering to do so!
>

> Wanna see my trophies??
>

> Judy

POCA