[DeTomaso] NPC - Reno Fernley Raceway in Car & Driver

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 11:44:30 EDT 2010

 All,

Yes, RFR is up and running. I spoke with the General Manager some weeks ago and things do indeed look positive for their continued operation.

Likewise, I spoke with the GM at Spring Mountain and they too are in fine shape, and would love to have us return. They added additional track to the bottom of the N/S layout we have used that lengthened the back straight quite a bit.

As for a move to San Diego for the Fun Rally, that is NOT yet decided. The SD folks were to gather prices and pertinent info and present it to the POCA Board and Fun Rally Committee at the end of September. I have not heard of any decision yet being made.

If it does indeed move to SD, there is NO track that is close enough for our Speed Trials, and the closest is WAAAAY too expensive anyways. The best that SD could offer would be a parking lot Autocross, for which most of our cars are not really set-up for optimal results.

My vote is to return to Reno and stage a two day event at RFR.

Larry
PCNC Motorsports Coordinator