[DeTomaso] Cross over exhaust tube?

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Tue Oct 12 10:12:33 EDT 2010

Dear Tom,

As Barry said that is Bob Woodhouse's Pantera. Bob campaigned that car to Nat'l finals level SCCA autocross competition repeatedly. I also saw him drive it at Hallett, a local road course, during a Shelby track event. He drove around *everything* except the 427 Cobras on the main straight, but he would pass them in the twisties.

I asked Bob about the crossover. He is a very forthright guy. He said that (a) the location that you see is the only place that they could even *fit* a crossover tube on a Pantera exhaust and (b) he couldn't tell that it had much effect on power and performance.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

PS: after reading your nickle plating comments, I will keep that in mind the next time the topic of plating comes up at the Pantera Research Institute