[DeTomaso] Water temp gauge sending unit

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 09:34:41 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/11/10 11 11 48, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> My water temp gauge just stopped working. I checked the fuse and
> connections at the gauge but I can't find the sending unit. I looked
> around
> the pressure bottle and on the intake manifold ( the two places listed in
> the manual but had no luck. Can any one tell me where else I might look?

I can't imagine it being located anywhere else?

It came from the factory on the pressure tank, which wasn't so clever.
The hot setup (HAH!) is to relocate the wire to a sender located on the front
of the block, facing forward, in the upper left corner as you look at it
from inside the car, just above the timing chain cover, and in front of the
water outlet on the top of the block.

It could simply be that your wire just fell off the sender there?