[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:51:02 EDT 2010

Nickel plating was popular in the UK in the 60's and 70's, I recall my first real motorcycle (I don't count the stripped down BSA Bantam) a Greeves scrambler had a nickel plated frame and it held up very well to the abuse. Nickel is certainly more durable than chrome plating. That said all my a-arms are powder coated and have held up extremely well, just some minor dulling of the finish.

The alternative is to send parts to one of your out of state friends to have them painted with paint that still contains real solvents.  I think whatever you choose a lot comes down to the preparation, with good media blasting followed by solvent cleaning prior to coating, that last part maybe the failing in CA.

Julian