[DeTomaso] SPEEDOMETER CONCERN !

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:57:47 EDT 2010

Reading through the thread of e-mails I too was thinking right angle drive. As Asa says unhook the cable at the transaxle end and spin in a drill bit to the mph equivalent where you previously saw most bounce, if no bounce then it's the right angle drive. Removal is easy, just undo the large thread nut around the body of the drive. Do not remove the small 10mm bolt below the angle drive.

If it is the angle drive you may be able to lube it up if it is gummed up, if not it's not a cheap replacement item and be sure to get the correct one, there are 4 variants two each in different ratios of 1:1 and 1.1:1 for VDO and Veglia-Borletti.

Good luck,
Julian