[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 10:19:39 EDT 2010

Dear Thomas,

My attraction to shiny parts:
1) if I use the aluminized ceramic stuff then it is bonded to the underlying steel/iron to the tune of 10,000 psi, I am told
2) it lasts way, way longer than paint on suspension bits. It is way, way more impervious to damage than paint
3) easy maintenance. Windex and a rag and it is spic and span.
4) once the aluminized ceramic stuff oxidizes it does not have the high bling component of chrome, but rather that of aluminum
5) the underlying metal is completely sealed and then no rust.
6) I have coated the coolant tubes inside and out as well as the front engine cover plate--no paint to fool with and no rust
7) in summary, I think it looks good and it is easy to maintain and it doesn't rust and there is no further painting involved.

Sold on aluminized ceramic coatings, Chuck Engles