[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Oct 11 10:31:02 EDT 2010

Zink is an excellent coating for small parts. It is an easy coating for
an individual to do. As an example, when doing the MGB, I just threw
many of the door internals in the blaster, washed them, then zinc plated
them. Let them dry then threw them right back in the door. Many
brackets, exhaust, special throttle body bracket, etc.

Zinc is easy because it does not require much of a power supply.

Caswell plating is an excellent source for do it yourself kits:

http://www.caswellplating.com/

Although anything beyond Zinc becomes it's own hobby. Having said that,
they have a great manual (albeit a little oddly organized). If you plan
on having stuff plated by other people the book is good reading to
understand the process and capabilities.