[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

j g notstock at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 09:23:37 EDT 2010

nickel plating is used as a way to easily tell if  one has a crack in the suspension member.
The nickel is much harder than the base metal and does not corrode , so the crack shows up as a rust witness line in the nickel plating (hairline). If nickel plating is done wrong it causes hydrogen embrittlement in the base steel  and makes things worst. So  I personally like zinc , a black oxide . or a  just a thin solvent based paint .

jg