[DeTomaso] L rear bumper

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 15:05:18 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/9/10 7:59:57 PM, tborcich at msn.com writes:

> Justin, I have a 72L also and have been kicking the same dilemma around.
> I've thought about sliding the bumper in to get it closer to the body, but
> the top would hit first and leave a big gap on the bottom. I have been
> thinking that I might trim the top of the bumper off from left to right, say
> one to two inches, matching the rear body contour on the top where the edge
> would meet the body...

Kirk Evans also makes a reasonably priced lightweight fiberglas L rear
bumper that vastly simplifies trimming to fit. And   substituting the stock
2-1/2 mph bumper rams for solid aluminum mounts not only allows such
repositioning, it drops another 5 lbs per corner just for the rams. Food for thought- J
DeRyke