[DeTomaso] gumball pantera shift problems again

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 09:56:39 EDT 2010

I helped Bob last Sunday. We bleed the slave and the pedal came right up and
worked great. After sitting for a week it lost pedal resistance so I told
him it appears that he has an air leak.  I suggested the first thing we do
is re bleed it  and double check all the connections. We n=may have
forgotten to tighten the bleed screw enough , or since the motor was just
dropped back in so   the clutch line may not be tightened enough or may need
some liquid Teflon sealant. I have a motive power bleeder and a very good
vacuum bleeder so we have the best tools for the job.  As soon as Bob has
sometime  that we  can set aside to work on it we should be able to remedy
the problem. If the problem is the clutch master cylinder Bob has a new
replacement , so we have the contingencies covered.

Boyd