[DeTomaso] gumball pantera shift problems again

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 22:15:07 EDT 2010

Dear Friends ,

After a long year I was able to once again get the car back on the road.
With the help of a local shop they adjusting my shift linkage and all was
fine  yesterday.  She passed the nys inspection .

I was a happy camper a few hours ago.Car was shifting but was only able to
go into reverse when i shut off the car .If I tried to put the car in
reverse I  could hear and feel the gears grinding .

The clutch pedal now feels like it is not engaging at all now. Do you think
 my master cylinder gave out ? If I try to start the car with it in gear
but  pushing the clutch to the floor the car jumps.

If you look at the clutch and brake pedals they used to be even when
relaxed.The clutch pedal is now several inches below the brake pedal.Is that a
sign of something wrong?

WTF is wrong now?

Regards,
Bob

PS..I have a new clutch master cylinder .Is this an easy  install?