[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 20:22:40 EDT 2010

Dear Tom,

       This may be pertinent.  It may not.  I had my a arms powder painted
two decades ago.  After two trips (5000+ miles) to Vegas plus other drives,
the powder paint was shot.   I decided to have the a arms coated with the
same aluminized ceramic coating used for headers.   The first car looked so
good, that I had the other car's a arms coated, too.  Between the two of
them there is about 50,000 miles of real world road testing.   The
aluminized ceramic header coating is holding up extremely well.  If the
satin nickel process is comparable to the header coating, then I would not
expect a problem.  FWIW.

                  Warmest regards, Chuck Engles