[DeTomaso] Nickle plating on suspension arms

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sat Oct 9 17:16:25 EDT 2010

I just had my ladder bar plated in a satin nickle at an exceptionally reasonable price and it looks great. So I'm thinking
about having my a-arms done vs. painting or powder coating. Any negative to plating a-arms. I recall on thin wall a-arms
you should have them x-rayed prior to plating them to insure no cracks at the welds...but those were on race cars.
Is that a consideration with the stock arms?  As I assume the stock a-arms are mild steel with a reasonably thick wall?

Best Regards,

Tom