[DeTomaso] Wheels update...

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 07:44:14 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

My mistake--the guy in Italywho is producing the new Pantera wheels is NOT the same outfit in Italy we discussed a couple of weeks ago who is producing the new 10-inch Campagnolo wheels in aluminum.  I asked him for clarification and he wrote:

Cesare wrote:

Ciao Mike,
Tanck You !!!

No I'm not selling wheels in Aluminium now !!!
1.600€ for aluminium wheels it's very expencive ! I can produce aluminium Pantera Gts 10" x 15 at near 800/900€ eac

But if he sell the rear 10 x 15 need to make also the front in Aluminium !!! How to drive car with front wheels in magnesium (near half wheight of ALU) and rear ALU !!! Tecnically it's not correct , balance of car will be change alot, sorry Mike but Pantera it's not as Simca !!!
I can't do that !!!
I produce also in this months some sets of Gr4 in Aluminium , but I explane to customer who if they are usually drive Panteras with MAG wheels , when fit ALU car it's not the same !!!
I do that some years ago for Lancia Stratos in 8 " front and 12" rear , I try to explane BEFORE , no way they prefere ALU for save money , than after fitted ALU wheels on Stratos , they call to have soon , soon as possible the MAG !!! They don't save money , spend doeble !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like who peoples loose money , but Pantera and Mangusta it's not "CEAP" thing's  , it's Part of Car History , it's more than only say sport car ,exxellence is first and foremost!!

Gr4 8" front and 10" rear we made fror a Team in Modena who race with Pantera Gr4 and they push alot to have these wheels because for his test on circuit the want to use these size.
I never test the Gr4 on track , but same append with Lancia Stratos , Stratos mould can produce 7/8/9/10 front 11/12/13/14/15 rear but Sandro Munari testing the car ask to use on dry only 8 front and 12 rear , alot of less friction for the tyre , car take easy more speed and acelleration , and the Stratos Siluette for Track racing he use more large wheels but stratos lenght it's half than panteras , when You open the gas car it's difficolt to controll ( track racing car it's twin Turbos)

After produce Gr4 I start with Mangusta mould and I will be able with drawing to adapt without change design and shape , 8" wheels for fit on front !!!!

Tanck You Mike !!!
You give me help in all Your Unswer !!!
All The Best
Cesare