[DeTomaso] u joints

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 18:39:22 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/6/10 9:49:03 AM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> One other thing I'm considering is to move the trunion closer to the
> engine.
> The stock location puts it too close to the body.

Good point, sort of.   I've seen cars with misadjusted shift linkages where
the U-joint nearest to the trunnion bearing struck the lip of the inner
wheelhouse, denting it and making for awkward shifting.   It's easy to slide
various U-joints in various directions on the shafts and/or change the height
of the trunnion bearing to gain adequate clearance without actually
repositioning the location of the trunnion bearing on the chassis.