[DeTomaso] u joints

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 6 12:48:34 EDT 2010

One other thing I'm considering is to move the trunion closer to the engine.
The stock location puts it too close to the body.  With some careful
grinding here and there, it should be possible to make the shaft straighter
while also avoiding possible contact with the body.

BTW, the hole in my firewall for the shaft is currently removed.  I'm going
to place the shaft where I think it belongs and then I'm going to move the
hole appropriately.  I've enlarged the engine access hole by about 3" to
make it easier to work on the engine.  If you've tried to install a fuel
pump, you know how big of a pain it is. The hole is almost large enough.

I'll take pics once I have it done.