[DeTomaso] u joints

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 10:06:51 EDT 2010

Dear Boyd, Justin and Tony,

When Dennis Quella was showing me the functional, pretty and improved shift linkage U joints recently, he specifically mentioned that they *did* require drilling a small hole or dimple for the allen bolt to sink into and have a positive grip. In my recent experience with disassembly and re-assembly of the rear most shift linkage, I do think that the PPC/Flaming River U joints would work much better than the aged and neglected stock U joints. I also think that one would have to have the splined shafts and U joints disassembled in order to perform the countersink/drilling procedure. FWIW.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles