[DeTomaso] u joints

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:00:11 EDT 2010

maybe.  if you remove the set screw to drill the slot/hole, there is nothing to keep it from moving around, and the shaft is not readily accessible by a drill once it is in the car.  that IS a good idea, though, and it is my next plan if anything becomes loose again.  i am sure it could be done.  having said that, now that i have super tightened the set screws, they have not loosened, but still on my list of worries as I drive the car.

Justin's list of worries:
1. u joint retainer clips will come loose at speed with catastrophic driveshaft failure
2. shift u joint will loosen and make car almost undriveable
3. accelerator cable will bind and snap (lots of tight bends there)
4. will find a piece of road debris and take out the front lower valence panel, which I nicely straightened and painted
5. wheel will fall off when driving despite torquing lug nuts a dozen times.
6. my new seat foam will never settle down, so my head will continue to rub the headliner whenever I drive the car (really irritating)