[DeTomaso] Removing Poly Bushings

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Tue Oct 5 15:53:39 EDT 2010

<"This sounds totally bogus to me.">

Thanks Thomas...since when does everything work the way it we think it should? LOL
The steel inserts were very tight inside the poly... they won't rotate. I had to press them out
using my bench vice and a few sockets. And the insert is machine steel that could wear away at the
bolt if it was soft enough. I figured I would change out the bolts with grade 8 with shoulders the
full length of the mounts.  I wasn't sure how they were designed to work, that's why I wanted
to throw this out there to my brethren who have been down this road....
Regards,

Tom