[DeTomaso] Shift linkage - 2nd & reverse

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Oct 5 13:55:44 EDT 2010

  Mikes point
- it's due to an aftermarket shift gate whose lateral dimensions match
the factory steel gate, but because it's aluminum and twice as thick,
the angular orientation of the shift lever strikes the sides of the gate
lines in the gates that I took out with a dremel.
I was tempted to open out reverse (to the left), but I didn't want to
cover up a problem.

Rob's was too extreme for me to see what it could have been
- wedge the screw driver into the shift linkage connection and help
rotate it down

Julian (paraphrased)
- trunion bearing drooped so that lateral shifter travel is reduced
firewall. Is that excessive?

Several
- slop in the u-joints. No they're tight

Rich & I
- console/gate too high. Carpeting under the console.
possibility.
          I could cut out the carpet and re-edge it outside the console,
or open up the reverse gate.

Anyhow - I think two possibilities have come up.
                 Trunion misalignment and too much carpeting.

Hope I didn't lose any to CRS syndrome.
dave