[DeTomaso] Removing Poly Bushings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 12:34:16 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/5/10 9:32:26 AM, thedrol at pobox.com writes:

> I'm pretty sure Mike meant for you to lubricate the bushings when
> reassembling them, between the bushing and the hole in the A arm.

Yes indeed--although I don't take any chances and lube the interface
between the inside of the poly, and the steel sleeve, and also the inside of the
sleeve.

The most important place to lubricate is the OUTSIDE of the bushing where
the flat face rubs against the metal tabs on the chassis.   That's where most
of the squeaking comes from with poly bushings, I think....