[DeTomaso] 1972 Pantera shift linkage

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 02:59:13 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/3/10 12:24:21 PM, davel at emspace.com writes:

> I can't get enough lateral travel.
> When I set the turnbuckle with the shifter far enough to the right to
> get reverse, I scrape the right side of the 2nd gear gate.
> When I re-centre it for 2nd & 4th, I can't get reverse.

My girlfriend's Pantera has the same problem--it's due to an aftermarket
shift gate whose lateral dimensions match the factory steel gate, but because
it's aluminum and twice as thick, the angular orientation of the shift lever
strikes the sides of the gate.   I've gotten after it with a file and made
it much better, but it still needs more work.

Do you have a factory gate?