[DeTomaso] Removing Poly Bushings

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Tue Oct 5 02:33:31 EDT 2010

Whats the easiest way to remove poly bushings from the upper rear arms? My a-arms are off and I need to
bead blast them for paint or plating. I removed the center steel bushing and tried to twist them out by hand, then grabbing
the edge with a smooth plier but couldn't get a good grip. Thought about putting them in the vise with the center bushing
in and clamping down and then twisting while pulling? OR, there is a seam in the very center of the bushing
where the two halves come together...but not sure if I will do damage by using a screw driver on the seam to
push it out the other side. I know someone has run done this.

Thanks.

Tom