[DeTomaso] Purgold came by to visit

MACHWIL at aol.com MACHWIL at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 13:30:17 EDT 2010

Thanks for the email regarding PURGOLD. George was my closest  friend.. He
and I had at one time installed an Indy  255 cu in. 4 cam  engine in it, but
about that time Ford put the 4 cam engine in Lincolns'. George  and
Wilkinson put that in PURGOLD. You all know the rest of that story.

George passed away without seeing the paint job that's on the car now. When
 finished it came to my shop. His son, executor of his estate, put the  car
to PI to sell. When sold it was passed to several auctions,  finally to the
person who has it now.

It's great to see it and know it's in good hands. I know the final paint
job and detail work far exceed the purported price for the car to its new
owner.  Take all the gold off the car and it would have been more appreciated
and  still a solid bargain.

If the new owner of the car sees this, I would appreciate his contacting
me. My phone # is 714-630-5003 days. Thanks to WLHPANTERA for the mail and
picture.

Bud Williams
6556

In a message dated 10/3/2010 6:13:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,