[DeTomaso] universal joint for shift linkage

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Oct 4 10:05:46 EDT 2010

Dear Boyd and Rob,

I have been wrestling with my shift linkage recently, too. Some notes:
1) yes, the stock Pantera u joints in the shift linkage are *normally* stiff, but usually work. I removed mine and cleaned them and lubed them up with only modest improvement in their "flexibility".
2) I was recently at Pantera Performance Center and discussed my shift linkage issues with Dennis Quella. He showed me some lovely aftermarket stainless steel ( I think...) u joints that were *very* mobile and a major improvement over the stock units.

So, ;yes, Bob the normal joints are probably stiffer than they should be.
Boyd, I don't know it the PPC units are what you're looking for, but they fit the bill and are awfully nice pieces.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles