[DeTomaso] Front Bumpers

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Oct 3 18:01:09 EDT 2010

  Nick,

I would strongly suggest a pair of Kirk Evans L-bumperettes.  These give
a similar look to the pre-L bumpers but don't require the bodywork to
cover the holes left by the low-speed bumper rams that protrude through
the front of the fender.  As I understand it the smaller pre-L bumpers
will not cover those holes, whereas the Kirk Evans kit will.  The Evans
kit can be massaged to fit your car perfectly (fiberglass) and then
painted to any color you wish.

Now if you are looking for the small chrome look only, then the pre-L
bumpers are your ticket.  Just be aware of the work needed to the fender
so you don't have gaping holes.

Some pre-L bumpers come with the provision to mount a plate.  I'm sure
others who remember that part better than me will chime in.  The Evans
kit does -not- have a provision to mount a plate.  It's something I've
struggled with too as a front plate is required in my state (though I've
seen a front plate "Painted" on the front air dam of a Porsche).

This info should get you started.
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie