[DeTomaso] 1972 Pantera shift linkage

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 13:46:31 EDT 2010

in 30 years of fiddling with our '72-1/2 Pantera, I've never needed to
loosen the normally-overtight adjustment turnbuckle on the shift shaft. And this
in spite of frequent engine r & r's and several complete powertrain
relocations backward 3/4" and downward 7/8". All I do is READ THE RED OWNERS MANUAL
on gearshift adjustment, then loosen the pinch-bolt that fastens the shift
shaft to the gearbox. Slide the shaft back or forwards on the splines and
retighten the single bolt. I find there's enough adjustment in the splined
connector to take care of most any changes. My suggestion- J DeRyke