[DeTomaso] 1972 Pantera shift linkage

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 10:08:35 EDT 2010

Dear Friends ,

My car is painted ,running and I cannot seem to get the car into gear  ..

I have tried adjusting the turn screw and the two bolts on the linkage . I
can only move the bolt closest to the engine . When I loosen that bolt the
car  will go thru the gears but there is no reverse .

I started the engine and used the clutch to run thru the gears . All  gears
seem to work but when i put the car in reverse she still moves forward  .

Ideas,

Does the clutch need to be bled ?

Does the linkage need adjusting? I cannot move it .It is frozen in place
.Use heat?

Can this all be caused by needing to be bled more or is it an adjustment at
 the slave cylinder ?

Regards,
Bob Levitt
Team Pantera Racing #3196