[DeTomaso] Long and Newman body & frame cheap on ebay

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Oct 1 18:38:16 EDT 2010

Dear Ken, Garth, Jack, Sean and Tomas,

The Long and Newman Pantera shown in the brochure in the link provided by Garth is right here in Oklahoma City. I can say that just as the pictures show, it uses an actual Pantera suspension.

IIRC, there were *other* versions of the L&N Pantera. IIRC, one of them used a mid 80's GM car as the donor for the engine and drivetrain and *possibly* the suspension. That might explain the McPherson rear suspension seen in the eBay pictures. I don't know what explains the unpleasant headlight treatment.

It does look like it would take a lot of time, money and work to get it back to its transplanted GM parts origin. It might be impossible to modify to accept the proper Pantera suspension & drivetrain. Maybe they'd give it away?

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles