[DeTomaso] Long and Newman body & frame cheap on ebay

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 14:39:27 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/1/10 9:46:52 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> The frame/rear suspension does not look right to me?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170544689280

Its been 30 years since I checked one out, but as I remember, the
square-tube frames took mid-80s GM front suspension on both ends to accompany the
Citation/Fiero V-6 front-wheel drive engine- trans that most L-N cars got. .
Its true that stock steel body panels interchange- the primary mold was pulled
from one of Gary Hall's Panteras, and some vented fiberglas frt hoods, like
mine- are old L-N parts. Ex- POCA Pres Les Gray worked for L-N and has some
interesting stories on them. Ad says 'used for racing'- wonder if it was
drag racing or road racing? FWIW- J DeRyke