[DeTomaso] Forum opinion on Mr. Gasket fuel pumps

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Nov 30 21:26:10 EST 2010

Dear Forum,

                  I will be buying a new fuel pump soon.  I don't like the
Holleys.   The only one I had was a continual headache until its unnaturally
early demise (but not at my hands----it died naturally of poor quality).
I need 40 gallons per hour capacity.   Carter doesn't seem to make one of
that capacity that I can find on Summit's site.   Mr. Gasket is an option,
but I wonder if it has a better reliability record than Holley.   Any
comments or opinions?

                                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles