[DeTomaso] a/c PULLEY/ BEARING QUESTION

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 21:06:33 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/30/10 8 07 24, bluebugman2 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Hi everyone and yesterday I replace my damponer that was in bad shape
> then I was going to replace the bearing in the a/c idler tensioner and went to
> several Auto places to no avail, so does anyonre klnow what bearing number
> or what to use ?? m
>
>>>Bill Taylor's brilliant Pantera Gearhead Database says this about that:

Air Conditioner Idler Pulley bearing:   NAPA #6203-2RSJ or 6203-2RS2

> >my bearing says F-7861 and  also where can I get a good used idler
> pulley as someone has F...d this one up trying to get bearing in & out
>
>>>In that case, there's a much better solution available from IPSCO:

http://www.ipsco.org/Pantera%20Parts/Idler%20Pulley.htm

The mount plate and spacer are a worthwhile investment in any case, but if
your pulley is AFU, you are way better off just getting the whole assembly
and being done with it.   I just got to hold one of these in my hands a few
weeks ago, and it was a thing of beauty....