[DeTomaso] best practice

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:48:01 EST 2010

I had a problem with head bolt torque on my Windsor with aluminum
heads.  I don't know if it's mushrooming as much as the expansion and
contraction due to heat cycling of the aluminum compared to the cast
iron.  They will cycle at different rates and different amounts
putting stress on the bolts.

Definitely retorque if you have aluminum heads.  I've got pics of what
happened somewhere around here... :)

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso