[DeTomaso] best practice

John Bentley gndplne at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 13:48:27 EST 2010

exactly!

JB

--- On Mon, 11/29/10, David in Durango <adin at frontier.net> wrote:

From: David in Durango <adin at frontier.net>
Subject: [DeTomaso] best practice
To: "panteras" <detomaso at realbig.com>
Date: Monday, November 29, 2010, 10:44 AM

"Did Ford retorque the head gaskets after 500 miles back in the day?"

No offense intended to anyone . . .

After "you" (whoever that might be) have rebuilt 100 motors and rechecked every head bolt, let me know how many bolts needed to be snugged up.

Old wive's tales (like retorque ing the head bolts) come about for a reason.

Best practice is always best practice - no matter what anyone else does.  If you have doubts, ask those that do a LOT of the procedure.

That's how we do it here in grouchy and dirty land, even under the snow.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5659 (20101129) __________

http://www.eset.com