[DeTomaso] Intake gaskets

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:46:51 EST 2010

Mike,

If you ignore the turkey pan type intake gasket, there are basically two
types of aftermarket intake manifold gaskets for the 351C-4V (Mike has the
CHI 4V heads).  The Fel Pro 1228 Printoseal, Mr. Gasket Ultra-Seal 5836 4V
and SCE AccuSeal 252103 have a silicone bead around the ports.  The Fel Pro
printoseals are known to leak.  The other style is a flat cellulose/nitrile
composition gasket material without the bead (e.g. Mr. Gasket 214).  You can
use the black Permatex aviation gasket sealer on them to ensure a seal but
they will need to be scraped off if you have to R&R them later.  My favorites
are the Victor Reinz.  I think NAPA has dropped Victor Reinz so you may have
to go mail order for those (try Alex Denysenko at moneymaker racing).

Dan Jones