[DeTomaso] Asa Jay's 1985 built 351C Forensics

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 27 11:09:35 EST 2010

Jack,

These are ideas I've been leaning toward as well.  I'll do an inspection
of the head but I don't think the cause is there; I think it's in the
block.  My initial thoughts a few years ago were a cracked piston
skirt.  I think now that still may be a possibility but certainly
something is wrong in that cylinder.

Thank you for the other possible ideas, it will be interesting when that
piston comes out of the bore.
:)

Asa Jay
<no worries, I won't be using those pistons again.>

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
http://www.racingagainstautism.com